Sunday, August 29, 2010

Marriage registration in kerala

Statutory provisions available for the registration of marriages in Kerala state are:
Hindu Marriage Act,1955 and the Kerala Hindu Marriage Registration Rules,1957 
( Applicable to Hindus, Buddhists, Jainas and Sikhs and registration done at the local government where marriage solemnization occurred)

Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules, 2008 
(Applicable to all and registration done at the local government where marriage solemnization occurred)

Special Marriage Act, 1954 and the Kerala Special Marriage Rules, 1958 
(Applicable to all and marriage solemnisation & registration or registration done before any Sub Registrar at the Sub Registrar Office of Registration Department)

    All marriages solemnized in the State after the commencement of these Rules shall compulsorily be registered irrespective of religion of the parties. Marriages are registered at panchayat/municipalities/corporation offices. Application has to be submitted within 45 days from the date of solemnization of marriage. There is  prescribed form for filing application (Form No.1) which is available free of cost at the offices of the registrar.  Parties to the marriages and two witnesses should be present at the time of registration. A registration fee of rupees one hundred shall be payable along with the submission of the memorandum for registration.(marriage certificate fee of Rs.20/- can also be paid at the time of registration. ie; total Rs.120/-). For SC/ST/BPL persons fee for registration will be Rs.10/-

Documents needed for registration: 
1) Memorandum in duplicate in Form No. I  along with one  passport size photo each of husband and wife (Total three photos needed. Two photos for affixing in memorandum and  one in marriage register )

(2)A copy of the certificate of marriage issued by the religious authority concerned or a declaration from a Gazetted Officer/Member of Parliament/Member of Legislative Assembly/Member of a Local Self Government Institutions in Form No. II 
(3) Attested copy of S.S.L.C Book/passport/driving licence/extract of school admission register or other records issued by Government showing date of birth

Delay registration: 
Marriages solemnized after the commencement of these Rules, in respect of which no memorandum is filed within the period of forty-five days and a period of one year has not expired from the date of such solemnization, may be      registered subject to sub-rule (3) by the Local Registrar after imposing a fine of rupees one hundred. In such cases the memorandum shall be filed together with a declaration from a Gazetted Officer/Member of Parliament/Member of Legislative Assembly/Member of a Local Self Government Institutions in Form No. II appended to these Rules or with any other document to prove the solemnization of the marriage to the satisfaction of the Local Registrar.

Registration of marriages after one year:Marriages solemnized after the commencement of these Rules in respect of which no memorandum for registration is filed within one year of its solemnization and marriages solemnized before the commencement of these Rules in respect of which no memorandum for registration was filed before the expiry of 31-12-2010  shall subject to sub-rule (3) of Rule 9, be registered, by the Local Registrar with the permission of the Deputy director of panchayat and on payment of a fine of rupees two hundred and fifty. In such cases also the memorandum shall be filed together with a declaration from a Gazetted Officer/Member of Parliament/Member of Legislative Assembly/Member of Local Self Government Institutions in Form No. II appended to these Rules.

Common Marriage Registrations - Furnishing of application using web service

Important Notice:-
As regards any matter mentioned in these notes, the Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common) Rules 2008 and amendments there on with directions from appropriate authorities issued from time to time are final and binding.
General Information
1. Under the Kerala Registration of Marriages (common) Rules 2008, registration of marriages became mandatory, for the marriages which was solemnized since 29.02.2008. Accordingly all the Grama Panchayats, Municipalities, Corporations and Kannur Cantonment are designated as registration units and are carrying out registration as per the said rules
2. Marriages are to be registered in the respective Grama Panchayat, Municipality or Corporation where the marriage is solemnised. For this purpose, the parties to a marriage shall prepare a memorandum in duplicate in FORM I and submit the same to the concerned local body with the prescribed fee of ten rupees for BPL, SC/ST and one hundred for others. The memorandum should be signed by both parties to the marriage along with two persons as witnesses. The form should be accompanied by copy of the certificate to prove age, marriage solemnisation etc.
3. If the application is submitted after 45 days of solemnisation and within one year of marriage, a certificate in Form II with a fine of rupees one hundred should also be remitted. If submitted after one year, the application should be accompanied by a fine of rupees two hundred and fifty. In cases of delayed applications submitted after one year of solemnisation, the registration will be done only after getting condonation from Registrar General (Deputy Director of Panchayat) of the concerned District.
4. The following Documents are to be submitted along with Form 1:-
i. Attested copy of the certificate to prove age of husband
ii. Attested copy of the certificate to prove age of wife
iii. Copy of the certificate from auditorium or marriage place / religious authority concerned or a declaration in form II from a MP/MLA/Gazetted officer/ Member of Local Self Government Institution, regarding solemnization of marriages.
iv. Marriage invitation letter (optional)
v. Form 2 certified by a Gazetted officer or elected representatives or any other proof of solemnisation of marriage to the satisfaction of Local Registrar/Registrar General in case of delayed applications
vi. For age proof documents such as SSLC book, driving license, Passport, School admission register, or other records issued by Government will be accepted.
5. The husband and wife should appear personally before the Registrar and sign in the marriage Register. A fee of Rupees 10 is to be paid for getting marriage certificate
6. The present process of marriage registration is time consuming, as the registration officials have to enter all the required details in form 1 electronically. (Form III register manually where no electronic registration is done )
7. To ease out the time consuming process, Information Kerala Mission had developed a module in the Civil Registration (Common Marriage) application software for e-furnishing application of marriage registration form (Form I) under common marriage rules.
8. By utilising this facility, an electronic copy of Form 1 can be submitted through web alongwith uploaded scanned photos for registration of marriages under the Kerala Registration of Marriages (common) Rules 2008.
9. This can be done only in the Local bodies where the following facilities are available :-
i. Registration under Common Marriage rules are carried out using Sevana Civil Registration (Common Marriage) application software.
ii. Local bodies established KSWAN or BSNL-VPN connectivity.
iii. Birth, Death and Marriage data is maintained, uploaded and updated regularly to the State Data Centre.
iv. The local bodies who have updated the Masters.
Important Notice:-
v. The e-furnishing of data will not be considered as the statutory filing of memorandum for marriage registration as prescribed in the rule.
vi. As per the existing rule, the husband and wife should appear before the registrar for signing for registration of the marriage.

Form No.1 


  1. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. marriage registration Delhi, marriage registration in Delhi.

  2. is govt. bank passbook valid address proof for marriage registration, i m from delhi and my hubby is from kerala, we have registared our marriage with the religious body, and want to register it in panchayat now, and we got married in Jan 2011.

    Document i Have is Pan Card, Govt. Pass Book, SSLC Certificate.

    Do let me know if it will work or not.

    1. i think this is a late answer,but the documents u have are enough to register your marriage

  3. to register marrage..which certificates have?

  4. I am marries in 201.that time my wife age only 17.Now she become 18.
    Can i submit papers?
    if not please help me what i can do next.
    E mail to me :

  5. Matrimony Website
    Truely Marry-Indian Matrimonial Services is popular in for free registration to start your journey to find your perfect mate for marriage. You can free registered with us to find your best match in your own community.

  6. Your blog is very nice. Best way to meet your life partner in easiest way. Indians wedding made EASY - Our services extend to all the major communities.

    chennai matrimonial | matrimonial sites in andhra pradesh

  7. I was married in December 2011.That time my wife age was only 16.5.Now she reached 18 years old.
    Can i submit papers Now?
    Currently i am in Bahrain now.
    if not possible, please help me what i can do next.
    E mail to me :

  8. sr,
    iam marrige rejister result what
    ahammed niyas.manjappulli
    kuttilangadi grama panchayath

  9. Sir,

    We were married in 2005.
    My husband is now in Canada.
    As for visa processing for me, we need marriage certificate from local body.

    Is marriage registration possible without my husband coming to India.


    i was married to my husband for 5 years we were living happily together for this years and not until he traveled to Italy for a business trip where he met this girl and since then he hate me and the kids and love her only. so when my husband came back from the trip he said he does not want to see me and my kids again so he drove us out of the house and he was now going to Italy to see that other woman. so i and my kids were now so frustrated and i was just staying with my mum and i was not be treating good because my mother got married to another man after my father death so the man she got married to was not treating her well, i and my kids were so confuse and i was searching for a way to get my husband back home because i love and cherish him so much so one day as i was browsing on my computer i saw a testimony about this spell caster DR AISABU testimonies shared on the internet by a lady and it impress me so much i also think of give it a try. At first i was scared but when i think of what me and my kids are passing through so i contact him and he told me to stay calm for just 24 hours that my husband shall come back to me and to my best surprise i received a call from my husband on the second day asking after the kids and i called DR. AISABU and he said your problems are solved my child. so this was how i get my family back after a long stress of brake up by an evil lady so with all this help from DR AISABU, i want you all on this forum to join me to say a huge thanks to DR AISABU, and i will also advice for any one in such or similar problems or any kind of problems should also contact him his email is )( he is the solution to all your problems and predicaments in life. once again his email address is (


    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3) If you want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) If you want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) If you want to be rich.
    (7) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
    (10) if you want to stop your divorce.
    (11) if you want to divorce your husband.
    (12) if you want your wishes to be granted.
    (13) Pregnancy spell to conceive baby
    (14) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what stage
    (15) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
    (16) if you have any sickness like ( H I V ), (CANCER) or any sickness.
    (17) if you need prayers for deliverance for your child or yourself.
    once again make sure you contact him if you have any problem he will help you. his email address is ( contact him immediately.

  11. What a wonderful and a straight forward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life after i saw a post on how he helped a lady called Jennifer Lawrence from London,i decided to contact him for help when i told this God sent man Dr takuta on how my lover left me for 2 years without calling nor texting me,When i shared this my sad experience with Dr takuta he said everything would be okay within 2 days i was like am i sure what this man is saying is real,So i decided to give a try and he even surprised me the most at first i was also thinking he was a scam i taught he was like other spell caster who come online to add pain to peoples pain not knowing there feelings but to make money,But this great man Dr takuta is never like that his own is for good and make people to be happy with the one they love,Am just so happy,Even before the 3 days i just got a call from a man who has left me for 2 years saying he his sorry and that he wants me back to his life i was so happy,He invited me for a dinner which i meant him there and we both talked and he said he wants to prove that he would never leave me for any other lady again he engaged me and also make me had access to all his account am so happy all thanks goes to this great man Dr takuta a man who has brought back joy to my life,Please friends that needs help i would advice and swear that Dr takuta is the right man and not those fake ones who are online to make money and not to help here is Dr takuta private mail

  12. who ever is reading this testimony today should please celebrate with me and my family because it all started like a joke to some people and others said it was impossible. my name is MARK i am happily married with two kids and a lovely wife something terrible happen to my family along the line, i lost my job and my wife packed out of my house because i was unable to take care of her and my kids at that particular time. i manage all through five years, no wife to support me to take care of the children and there come a faithful day that i will never forget in my life i met an old friend who i explain all my difficulties to, and he took me to a spell caster and and the name of the temple is called, oguntemple, i was assure that everything will be fine and my wife will come back to me after the wonderful work of oguntemple, my wife came back to me and today i am one of the richest man in my country. i advice you if you have any problem email him with this email: and you will have the best result. take things for granted and it will be take from you. i wish you all the best.

  13. my name is Clark diana and am from USA, I want to use this opportunity to thank my great Doctor ZATO who really made my life a pleasurable one today. This great man Dr ZATO brought my husband back to me, i had two lovely kids for my husband, about four years ago i and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me for one lady. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. I tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, until one day i met a good friend of mine that was also in a situation like me but her problem was her ex-boyfriend who she had an unwanted pregnancy for and he refused to take responsibility and dumped her. she told me that mine was a small case and that i should not worry about it at all, so i asked her what was the solution to my problems and she gave me this great man’s email address. I was doubting if this man was the solution, so i contacted this great man and he told me what to do and i deed them all, he told me to wait for just 48 hours and that my husband will come crawling on his kneels just for forgiveness so i faithfully did what this great man asked me to do and for sure after 48 hours i heard a knock on the door, in a great surprise i saw him on his kneels and i was speechless, when he saw me, all he did was crying and asking me for forgiveness, from that day, all the pains and sorrows in my heart flew away, since then i and my husband and our lovely kids are happy, that’s why i want to say a big thank you to Dr ZATO LOVE SPELL. This great man made me to understand that there is no problem on earth that has no solution so please if you know that you have this same problem or any problem that is similar, i will advise you to come straight to this great man. You can email him at:

  14. what a wonderful world we are living, i still doubt this spell caster how he did it!!! i am Shechan Caroline am from California I am so happy to let the whole word know how this powerful spell caster saved my marriage. Everything was going down the drain as my husband can not stop cheating on me with other women. It became used to always heating on me. I tried to make him stop, but I couldn't help the situation, the more I tried, the harder it becomes. At times we will fight and go apart for some months and we will come back again just because of our kids. One day a friend told me about this spell caster who helped her too, his name is Dr.JAJA, she said he uses white magic spells to solve spiritual problems. I decided to give it a try, I contacted him and he told me it will take just 2 to 3 days and I will see great changes in my husband. He actually cast a spell, believe me after 2 to 3 days of the spell, my husband was confessing different names of woman he has slept with. He begged for forgiveness and never to try it again. From that day till now, my mind is at rest. My husband dislike every other women on earth except me. And am so happy to have him for myself alone. The spell caster’s contact is

  15. Hi
    I am a Muslim boy,26. I recently got married to a Hindu girl 25 and registered our marriage under common law from Grama panchayath.
    Could you please let me know the validity of this certificate.
    Can I use this to go abroad as Husband and Wife.
    Most of the people coming across us are telling us that we have to register under Special marriage act and this certificate is not valid as we are of different religion.
    Please advise.
    Also what please do let me know happens to this certificate if she gets converted and we registers our marriage again.